Jump to content

Constant crashes when using menus


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,


I have been using FSX on and off for the past five years or so. I remember playing it on Windows 7 and Windows 8 with little to no problems. Out of nostalgia, I decided to start the game up once again after a long period of not playing, this time on my new laptop, which has Windows 10 installed.


And the constant crashes have been driving me insane. :D


It's really bad. It has gotten to a point where I can't even finish a single flight without the game freezing for a few seconds and then giving me the ol' "a fatal error has occured" message. It happens at random points during the flight -- for example, last night it crashed on me while I was landing at O'Hare after flying from JFK, and this morning it crashed even before I took off from Prague airport. However, every single time the game crashed, it was after I tried using the menu (the one that appears when you right click in flight).


I tried everything I could think of to fix it -- I ran it in multiple compatibility modes, inserted UIautomationcore.dll into my game folder, updated all of my drivers... but to no avail. I'm getting really desperate at this point.


Here's the error message that appears in Event viewer in Administrative tools:


Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0a

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, verze: 6.0.5840.16386, time stam: 0x45398e5f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8d

Faulting process id: 0x1610

Faulting application start time: 0x01d306ddaf2c7553

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 276112ae-72d3-11e7-82fa-f8a963a3348b


And before you suggest it -- I already tried putting the second version of the .dll into my folder. That just gives me the same error, only the second line of the error code is different, reading "unknown" instead of "uiautomationcore.dll" and all of the subsequent numbers as zeros.


Thanks for the help!


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...