Getting Flight Plans into Aerosoft Airbus

I've been using Simbrief. How do I do I get flight plans into the aircraft without having to type every leg of the route into the MCDU? I know the format is different and I've read about file conversion solutions that are causing me problems. When I download and run Convax, for example, it says there are missing dll's and to be honest I don't want to have to faff around with multiple programs. I understand FSCommander produces the correct format files but according to the blurb the trial version does not allow you to save plans and I don't want to splash out till I know more.

Alan

Once the CR is stored in Documents/Aerosoft/Airbus Flight plans you can bring it up by entering the departure and arrival airports into the FMGC eg LFPO/EGKK it will ask if you want to load the CR.

But how do I store the route in the Aerosoft Airbus file area. All the planner says is that the plan has been created and is stored and that it's XXXXYYYY.flp and Aerosoft Airbus format. It's not offering me any options for where to save it.

Alan

That depends on your browser. I am using fire Fox and i have the option ticked to ask me where i want to save a file rather than a default place. For example Fire Fox saves files to Downloads by default, but if you change it to something like 'ask me each time before saving file' it will do just that.

Archived