Lovely flight tutorial using GTA -by a FSX user

Thinfish

Hi all,

I found these two videos today and thought I'd share...

Flight Simulator (Realistic Flying Tips in GTA V)

Flight Emergency Procedures (+ Real Life Examples)

(Belly landing and highway landing)

These videos don't feature the latest GTA version (with virtual cockpits etc) yet still look good.

Cheers and Happy Xmas.

Not much of a flight simulator. Mostly for kids who think scenery is the goal of a flight sim.

Hi Mooney.

Merry Xmas to you and all members.

Just to point out that GTA 'isn't 'mostly for kids', in fact its not for kids at all since its rated 'Adult 18'. (FSX on the other hand is rated "Age 3 and above" on the DVD box).

But anyway. I've never claimed that 'scenery is the goal of a flight sim', just the opposite. i.e. In an earlier post I said that GTA doesn't have standard 'scenery' as such but rather an interactive environment in which the pilot can fly, land, parachute, drive and interact with the multi-level environment around him. This allows simmers to, for example, make an emergency landing on a highway in very realistic settings -as in the video above- where the plane would become damaged or destroyed if it hit a car or an overhead sign on the highway etc.

As I've said before. This isn't a debate about GTA vs MSFS - as a community member for over 10 years I'm very aware of how we simmers can become quite guarded and territorial about our chosen sim. But no, this is simply another of my threads showing short videos of GTA's cutting edge graphics and real-world environment to perhaps stimulate interest in what might be possible to incorporate into future flight-sims.

As you may have noticed, the guy in the video said at the very start that he uses FSX as his main long-haul flight-sim, but uses GTA for casual flight-simming and loves it.

So personally I dont see his GTA videos as being hostile or a threat to FSX.

Also, contrary to what you said: I never called the cockpits in his GTA video 'virtual' since there are no virtual cockpits in his videos (as he was using a previous version of GTA).

Like I said earlier. Flying in GTA-5 is currently in development but is on a roll, and even though its only on consoles so far, the PC version is due out in January 2015, so very soon we can expect to see things expanding even further. Plus future versions of GTA will bring... well lets wait and see.

Meanwhile... imagine driving a realistic looking virtual car into an airport where your brand new Cirrus Vision jet awaits to take-off into a multi-level interactive landscape...

..Now imagine that this virtual landscape covered the entire world..so that you could fly into a 'living vibrant Rio for example, touch-down and interact with that virtual world rather than just look at it from your cockpit. Now imagine the jet in question had virtual cockpits as good or better than FSX, and physics better than X-Plane.....

...This then would be the flight-sim of the future..which we currently catch glimpses of in GTA-5 and FSX and X-Plane. You could say its Sublogic's great grand-child ;-).

It may take 10 years or more before such an interactive flight experience is available, but GTA gives us a taste of it right now....

Cirrus Vision SF50 jet flight

Early morning touchdown

Living world environment... - amazing graphics, physics and Ai

Peace bro. ;-)

Best wishes to all.

GTA-5 PC version -interactive environment (click 3 times for immersion ;-)

GTA-5-plane.jpg

Way too many GTA bragging posts in this forum.

As I've mentioned before, I don't actually own a copy of GTA, nor am I a great fan of consoles, so I've no grounds to be bragging. Rather I'm simply posting videos of GTA to show the potential for flightsim expansion and to stimulate ideas and growth. The GTA videos and comments I've posted on other flight-sim websites have over the months been well received and commented on favourably, but for some reason a few on this forum seem to think otherwise.

....Personally I dont read posts whose title I'm not interested in. My posts usually always contain the word 'GTA' in the title (as does this one), so most of the hundreds of members who do read my GTA posts know beforehand the content..and can chose to ignore opening them if they like. The occasional troll or hater may of course have other ideas in mind.

In my previous comment (above) I mentioned GTA, FSX and Xplane in a positive way. All are examples of success in their own way.

The big question is: how will future flightsims look and handle in 10 or 20 years time? My feeling is that some will have the graphics, ambience and detailed interactive world of GTA, together with the flight physics and detailed planes and cockpits of FSX and Xplane...but of course better.

Flying over Cassidy river to coast (detailed)

Engine fire

Flight-check and bumpy takeoff (start of 'cassidy river' video)

Archived