Having trouble with X-Plane 10 demo

Jet Designer

I loaded the demo last night and tried flying a helicopter. No matter what I did I couldn't get enough left yaw to keep it straight. I left it alone and tried again today, and was able to fly OK. The sim timed out, and when I restarted it I had the same issue with not enough left yaw.

Also, flying requires about 90% forward stick. If I pan full up, I can just barely see the horizon but most of the time I'm stuck looking at the ground. In this attitude the helo should be going pretty fast, or quickly losing altitude. I tried calibrating the controls a few times but it doesn't seem to help.

I haven't flown a real helo yet so I don't really know that it shouldn't require 90% forward stick, but common sense says basic forward flight shouldn't be anywhere near the control limits. In FSX I carry just a touch of forward stick, FWIW.

It doesn't seam like there's a whole lot of life at Hovercontrol, and I can't post yet in X-Plane.org.

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm brand new to flight sims and really excited to get things working.

Dell Inspiron 620 (stock), Windows 7, Core i3-2120 - 3.30GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 - 1GB

ThrustMaster T.16000m Flight Pack (Flightstick, throttle, rudder)

FSX-SE

Archived