Cant Start FSX

rafikihd

Hi Guys,

I´m having this issue with FSX its really starting to drive me crazy.

Turns out that when I try to run the program (Always in Admin Mode) and the splash screen appears, and I can´t get past it, I need to finish the FSX.exe process with the task manager.

Curious thing, sometimes (After 3 or 4 hours of trying to fire it up, or, for example, the other day I turned on my PC and FSX started without problems) FSX starts up normally, once it runs normally, even if I close it a hundred times, it will run back again normally (So basically the problem is when I shut down my PC), but if I shut down the PC, go to bed, and start FSX the next day the problem shows up again.

Searching through the web, I found that the Logbook.BIN file is sometimes corrupted by something the FSX wrote in it. I´ve tried this program called "Logbook Recovery V1.1" ran it, but a message appears saying that no corruption was found on my Logbook.BIN file. On the other hand, another solution would be by deleting or moving that .BIN file and let FSX create a new one once I click on it (Just like the FSX.CFG file), the thing here is that, if I delete it or rename this file, once I run FSX most of the times it doesn't´t even create the Logbook.BIN file again (just some times, don´t know what this depends on).

Any suggestions ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi

It may be worth saving a new default flight in case there is something going on there.

I assume that you have had no problems with other programs?

Added anything new scenery/aircraft recently?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I get this problem occaisionally, especially if I don't end my FSX session by landing at an airport. If I just hit ESC in the middle of the flight, due to real-world interfering, the next time I try to fire it up, no go.

I've found that just getting into the FSX.cfg, and deleting the stuff after the "=" in the line SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM, allows FSX:SE to fire right up again.

Not saying this IS your situation, but it's an easy to try solution that works well for me...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived