Some of faves from my various flights.

I tend to treat screenies in the sim the way you might any photograph. I worry about flying first, I try to use realistic times, and weathers, and locations that I am interested in. Then if a photo-opportunity presents itself, I try to remember to grab a shot or two. Steam edition makes that a bit easier these days. Here are some from a few of my recent flights. I mainly spend time in helicopters in turboprops. But have also been customizing the DC3 a little lately and using it more than I ever have.

2015-02-01_00007.jpg2015-02-11_00008.jpg2015-03-14_00021.jpg2016-02-13_00001.jpg20170329212407_1.jpg20170329213301_1.jpg20170401130132_1.jpg20170408165740_1.jpg20170408165747_1.jpg

Thanks! That was a relatively unremarkable flight from Hood River, OR (4S2) over to Astoria, OR (KAST). When I departed the lighting and clouds were nothing special (didn't take any screenshots), but by the time I got to Astoria the sun was setting, and the weather had been changing and coming in as I got closer to the coast. Ended up being a very nice landing scene. I guess I would encourage folks to use different times, seasons, and weather when they fly because you never know what kind of new visual atmosphere will appear (Its easy to get into the rut of using the same time, weather, location when starting from a favorite saved flight). I don't necessarily use "real time" because most my flights would be in pitch black darkness, but I do try to vary my flight times and usually start with my local date/time as the starting point and then rotate the hours a little to get myself into daylight.

Last year I did a round the world in the RealAir Duke Turbine, and I couldn't believe that without changing any settings, every flight looked completely different (real time, real weather, new terrain, different regions, etc). Ended up being a lot less boring than I thought it would be.

Hood River? Helicopters? Has to be as he don't ever fly to Nevada - West Coast Sticker (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Surprises me he 'does turbo props now'. But not that he would fly the DC-3. We are 'old timers' now I guess.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Yes, it's me. I have flown turboprops with helicopter since the beginning (I don't remember a time when I didn't fly both, people just know me more for the helicopters). My recent interest in the DC3 is probably just a passing phase. I don't really enjoy WWII aircraft in general, but I do like the "bush pilot" aspect of the DC3.

Archived