Question about effects config

teisco

Trying to get a flame from exhaust but cannot get it to remain parallel with the aircraft and instead they want to twist and align with something else as the aircraft turns.

I checked the flame effect config I made against the landing light effect (that does stay parallel with the plane) and it is exactly the same eccept for length. Stumped so is there a way to fix this?

searc the effects folder for the word afterburner. You'll find several afterburner effects. have a look at how they are done.

Seems like a flame should flex a little in a sharp turn though, don't know for sure. Compare with the default f18, or other fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did a short testflight in two planes. The Aero Vodochody L159, and Kirk Olsen F16.

In the L159, the flame staied straight when I pulled up sharply.

In the F16 most of the flame staied straight as well, but one of the effects did not. It flexed with pulling up, or pitching down sharply.

I listed the effects used in the plane, as I added some of those myself I think. I remember trying to add an afterburner gauge to it a while back, and I think I used different effects.

I took screenshots, posted them in this thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?305262-Loops-in-the-VOdochody-at-night&p=2015139&posted=1#post2015139

The original plane has afterburner as well.

Plane is from FLightsim.com File Library.

Filename: kirk_olsson_f16_fsx.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived