Need Help with video card issue

I just got a new Dell Alienware Aurora R6, i7-7700 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1070/ 8GB GDDR5 video card. Windows 10 pro, 64.

My problem is, I can only use the HDMI port on the back of the computer to connect to my flat screen 48in TV. The port on the video card won't work. Is there something I need to turn on? I've tried it out on 2 different TV's and nothing. FSX looks crappy using the HDMI port.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Sometimes reversing the cable connection fixes problems (seen that with my TV). Also, really old TV's HDMI may not play nicely with current HDMI implementations. As far as driver stuff, using HDMI, or any gcard interface, should be 100% plug and play.

What do you mean that FSX looks crappy with HDMI? I'm guessing you tried a monitor that has a HDMI input...right? FSX can revert to a really low resolution when it detects a new display connection.

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

I tried using the port on the video card with a DVI to VGA adaptor. I'm using a 48in LED TV as a monitor and can't get to show anything. I've changed the resresolution several times and still nothing. This is driving me nuts. LOL

Archived