Fsx fps

jamesjsmith

Hi. I Have a problem with my fps its now on 12 is it possible to bring it up to 20 fps so fsx runs smoothly

1. Turn your settings down in FSX.

2. Overclock your CPU.

3. Get a newer computer.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

What are your specs (laptop? desktop? CPU? Video card? Operating System (Windows ver)?). Otherwise we can't help advice by just guessing. In fact there might NOT be a 'problem'. It might just be that your 'system' is not fast enough for FSX. Simple as that. You have to read up as to what you HAVE to do to make FSX work. Installing FSX in the 'program files (x86) folder is a 'no-no' and is the first mistake 'novices' make.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Look at my specs. I get 60 fps (set on unlimited) in FSX Accel in full screen mode. In windowed mode I get 128 fps (set on unlimited). If I lock on 30 fps it gives me 29 to 31 and rarely drops to 25 fps but for only 5 seconds that goes back to 30. I have scenery 'dense' and auto gen 'normal'. I have no clouds. I tweaked the FSX cfg. I set Windows for performance, set res to the 'native' res of MONITOR (and NOT MORE) and set page file.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

As Chuck says, the first and foremost thing NOT TO DO is installing FSX in the default location.

The second thing that you MUST DO is to update whatever version of Windows you have to the latest level.

The third thing that you MUST DO is to shut down all unnecessary programs running in the background, such as iTunes, OneCloud etc. etc. etc. Windows 10 users need to pay special attention here and shut off all of Microsoft's - shall we call them politely information-gathering features - under Settings/Privacy, and also disable Cortana.

Only then you will be ready for the fourth thing you MUST DOâ„¢, which is to read and implement Kosta's tweaking guide, which is posted as a sticky at the top of this august forum.

Jorgen

set your graphics sliders to their lowest settings. See what fps you get and work your way up from there. As others have stated, your pc is below average for fsx. You might be better off going back to fs9.

tony

so I must get a new computer

Yes.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Ok I will go and take a look at Kosta's tweaking guide

Great tweak guide, no question. Fantastic info to be had.

There are a few others, too, though. Nick's "Bible", and several others. I've mixed and matched for making it all work the best possible ON MY SYSTEM.

That's something to remember: Every system is different. Slight hardware differences, software differences, Registry, the list is endless. So not every tweak in any one guide is best for ALL systems. Not even every tweak in ALL the different guides.

The secret is to make a single change, then test it thoroughly. Then make another, and test, and so on. Not every tweak will work with every system. I've used many of them. I've also NOT used several. Also, make sure to make a back-up of the .cfg file before every time you make a change. That way, you won't have to start over, and put all the tweaks that worked well back in, if you run into one that doesn't, and it all goes pear-shaped.

Just something to be aware of. No tweak is right for every system. No system uses ALL the tweaks the same. Or at all.

Just a note...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived