PAD Dash 8-Q400

flyer8

This is the first time I've had the Premier Aircraft Design, Dash 8-Q400 up and running in my sim. This version has the original 2D panel and VC running under the dh8-q400_fix16.mdl file.

The model is pretty nice, impressive and freeware, but has an issue that should be tackled in order to make it flyable. That is, at least in the version that I'm running, stressing that their could be a fix and I haven't found it yet.

Please note that the "Autopilot Hdg selector.xml" gauge has a mis-named bitmap, at least in the dhc8-q400_9.zip which I downloaded from this site. In the gauge, the bitmap is currently named "non.bmp" and should have been named "none.bmp", and in more then one place. The gauge code resides in the "dh84_autopilot.CAB", that is, in case you're interested.

One other note, I accidentally shut down "Engine 2", in flight, and the aircraft didn't notice much. The engine temperature gauge went to zero and yet I didn't loose a stitch of airspeed, not one knot.

Anyway, for the time being and now that I understand the aircraft, it's really fast and quite fun to fly. There is also an alternative VC and panels available for it, if you've got the time.

Best Regards and Enjoy!

Mark

KSFO Taxi to Takeoff

001 KSFO Taxi to Takeoff.jpg

Focus Air

002 Focus Air.jpg

San Mateo Bridge

003 San Mateo Bridge.jpg

Original 2D Panel

004 Original 2D Panel.jpg

SUTRO turn to SHOEY

005 SUTRO turn to SHOEY.jpg

KHAF v2 by John B Loney Jr

006 KHAF v2 by John B Loney Jr.jpg

San Luis Obispo Airspace

007 San Luis Obispo Airspace.jpg

KLAX Gate 75

008 KLAX Gate 75.jpg

Encounter Restaurant

009 Encounter Restaurant.jpg

UAL Battleship

010 UAL Battleship.jpg

I always like their aircraft models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Like them too. The PAD team deserves the moon for all of the tasty and free stuff they've done. Makes FS9 come alive...

Do some screeenies Darren!

All the Best,

Mark

I've had a bit of free time and decided to give the Reworked VC by Andrzej Glowacki a shot. If you're interested, the file name is pad_dash8-q400_vc.zip and there is also a flight dynamics update named pad_dash8-q400_vc_updt.zip. Both files are available in the FlightSim library.

The install is fairly complex but seems to work so far. I haven't had enough time to take a test flight, but will do so soon. For anyone who's interested and when I'm finished testing, I'll post some install notes in hopes of easing the install process for others.

In the meantime, have a look at the VC so far...the FMC appears functional, at least while parked on the KLAX Apron!

Best Regards,

Mark

Advanced VC1

011 Advanced VC1.jpg

Advanced VC2

012 Advanced VC2.jpg

Advanced VC3

013 Advanced VC3.jpg

Advanced VC4

014 Advanced VC4.jpg

Archived