Why I fly #11: Blackbird departure

llivaudais

Greetings.

I've waited for years to have a machine that could record and edit game/flight videos and the time has finally arrived. Every time I saw someone adding to the FSX sticky "How do you keep FSX interesting?" I wanted to share my experiences but couldn't really except by maybe copying over one of the in-flight "recordings" (.fsr file). Now I have an alternative... videos fill the bill and, yes, I am having fun.

This "Why I fly #11: Blackbird departure" offering is demanded by the gods of thunder and aether whom we dare not refuse...

I took the plunge; now hosting on Youtube - all previous videos are also available there.

select either link

Description:

Aircraft - Alphasim SR-71 and Paul Varn available from Flightsim.com library (srx20125.zip)

scenery - default KEDW location

Terrain Mesh - FreeMeshX http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/

I created and used 5 custom scenery camera locations during the recording.

capture software- OBS

titles created in Gimp

editing software - Blender (final mp4 at 720p)

music - none

Thank you for watching; I hope you enjoy!

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Yet another enjoyable vid!

I've watched a SR-71 departure twice in my life. Now 3 :D

Once at Travis AFB. We were on the freeway, and saw the bird start it's run, so we pulled over. When I was a kid. It ran down the runway, lifted up to about 50' and leveled off. Still in full AB. When it got to the end of the runway it went UP. Looked almost vertical. Then it was just...gone.

Second time, was at Millington NAS. They cleared off the field of personnel, cleared most of Northside, matter of fact. It came in, landed and fast-taxied straight into the hangar, and they closed the door. The next day, they had hardly opened the hangar door, when it started the engines, taxied to the runway and was gone fast. Of course as soon as everyone heard the engines, we all ran outside to watch, even instructors. Same take-off profile as at Travis all those years back.

Amazing to watch :D

Side note: Millington Ops got a call, more than once, that a UFO was stealing their airplane! Turns out they saw an E-2C taking off. :D :D Seems like a valid assumption to me! Funny the things you hear in the E-Club. Good old 4-Winds... :D

Sorry, I ramble. You vid brought back some memories, is all. I apologize. still a great vid. Loved the various camera angles. You do a great job with those!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived