Mouse hand disappears ???

Occasionally when hovering over an operable VC cockpit control with the mouse it fails to turn into the "hand" which enables the control to be operated. Then after a while normal operation resumes. I have not been able to figure out what causes this basic windows function to fail and then begin working again. I have FSX.SE and W10 and it otherwise works really great. Thanks in advance for any help out there.

I had that and I went into Control Panel and found my mouse pointers, etc. On one of the tabs there is a place to check that says 'Let Themes Change Mouse Pointer'. Un-check it. Restart your PC. That is what did for me.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Occasionally when hovering over an operable VC cockpit control with the mouse it fails to turn into the "hand" which enables the control to be operated. Then after a while normal operation resumes. I have not been able to figure out what causes this basic windows function to fail and then begin working again. I have FSX.SE and W10 and it otherwise works really great. Thanks in advance for any help out there.

One idea worth checking out is your eyepoint location. Often if mouse click spots stop working, or become intermittent, it is because you, or the eyepoint, are too far back in the Virtual Cockpit. So either sit closer to the screen if using something like TrackIR, zoom in, or move the eyepoint forward. See https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?289212-Default-737-800-vc-panel-has-no-click-spots/page4 which is a long thread about a fellow with 737-800 click spot problems. Just read the top 4 lines or so of post 37, and then posts 42 and 43.

Al

Archived