Transbus Van Record Time at LeMans Track

napamule2

Souped up the Transbus Van (by 'The Fireboys 12') and drove it around LeMas 4 FSX track (By OK Orion) and set lap record (2:56:02). Lots of GT people are all T'd off. Video shows it from Locked Spot view and again from Nearest Tower view (all around track). Just having fun with dynamics and cnt pts. It show a couple of rough spots but overall it (surprisingly) handles like a race car. 'Let's Go Racing Boys!'. Recorded 17Mar06. Link:

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Chuck, I see you're slowing for the turns, but still....

Where is the CoG on this thing, thirty feet below ground?

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Shhhh...don't tell anybody but I got twenty 50 lbs burlap sacks full of sand in the back. There is where the 'center of gravity' is.

Seriously. It is a balance between the interacting components both in the cfg and the air file. There are a lot of them not 'spec', or 'real', of course. Flight Tuning, Airplane Geometry (Oswald, H Tail Incidence), Flaps, and Cnt Pts in cfg. Rudder Effect on Roll, Wing Center of Lift, Vertical and Lateral Inertia, Yaw Center, Yaw Stability 1 -vs- Yaw Stability 2, Horiz Stab Lift, Rudder and Rudder Control Factor, etc in air file. The Roll Center is actually '+3', and which would make an aircraft unstable in flight. Getting an air file that got worked on by someone that did hex edits helps. I got the Jeep air file by Bill Lyons and worked on that for 8 years. Oldie but goodie. But you can use Hama's BMW 760 air file. It's good vehicle air file. The cfg you sort of match to the model. Not all vehicles models are the same. Lots of trial and error driving.

Here is a link of Forum Post from 2013 about vehicles (ramp jumping): https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?260839

And here is Link to video of me doing just that (Aug 2016):

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I know the vehicles are hard to find. Carefull wording at Google might work. Just include '.. for FSX' for best results. Here go: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/6218/fsx-trans-bus/ . It drives fairly good 'out of the box'. If you need help with something not working (cnt pts, panel, sound, etc) let me know. Enjoy.

Chuck B

Napamule

enjoyed the vid, thanks. still enjoying the Goose, but kinda wanna fly the bmw again too now.;)

Also just created a simicons gauge, and want a little addition to it. So much fun, so little time......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived