My 737-800 Cockpit project

CapitanFuturo

Hello Everybody,

Since this forum is one of the crucial resources that helped me with the fantastic adventure

of building a 737-800 cockpit simulator, I decided to also share some of the work I am doing.

Hopefully I will be able to use this post to provide updates on the building progress as well as gathering more feedback from you, since they have been, so far, crucial to my progress. I would also like to take the opportunity to perhaps help those whom have just embarked in a similar project and have many questions.

While I am not expert in electronics or wood working, I have faced issues or challenges and resolved them with your help or the help of friends and for that I might be able to help someone out there too.

I will post some pictures from time to time here but also videos on YouTube. This is my Channel, fully dedicated to the simulator if you are interested in watching some video of the built.

https://www.youtube.com/user/737ngxsim/videos

I really want to thank you all for helping but also for being an inspiration.

Happy flying everybody

PS: I will post this same message in a couple of other locations/forums that also have helped me considerably… so if you are crawling multiple forums, you might see this message again

001 November 2012.JPG002 December 2012.JPG003 March 2013.jpg005 November 2013.jpg006 November 2013.jpg007 December 2014.JPG008 December 2014.JPG

Windows 7 Home Professional (x64) Service Pack 1, Asus P8Z77-V, Intel Core I7 3770K 3.50 Ghz, 16 GB, PC3-memory, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB, S-ATA III.

Hey Capitan,

I came across your channel a few days ago, great stuff there, keep it coming. I just decided to do a similar (but for now less ambitious) project as the one you're working on, but was and still am a bit "scared" by some of the technical aspects - I saw you mentioning something similar in one of your first videos, but you seem to have gotten quite well at it...

For now, good luck and I'll be watching both out of interest and for inspiration...! Maybe someday I can have a 'live' view of what you've built (you live quite close I see).

Cheers

Hey man,

thanks for the kind words, unfortunately there will always be something new coming up that we don't know how to do, that's why we are on this forum, someone has already done and they can show us :-)

Happy to show my seem.

Good luck with your building.

Windows 7 Home Professional (x64) Service Pack 1, Asus P8Z77-V, Intel Core I7 3770K 3.50 Ghz, 16 GB, PC3-memory, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB, S-ATA III.

• 2 months later...

Hello, here is a quick update.

The MIP lights panel has now been installed with back lighting.

Don’t forget to check the channel for detailed video of how I made it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/737ngxsim/videos

009 Light Panel 1r.png

010 Light Panel 2r.png

011 Light Panel 3r.png

012 Light Panel 4r.png

Archived