Saitek Yoke Headache

Goatman24

Been having issues with my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke turning off and on during flight and have been working on trying to fix this common problem with no success for what seems like eternity. I finally asked one of their tech people if I should consider purchasing the AC power supply to see if that would help which they agreed.

I've already updated my BIOS version. Updated my chipset. Updated my usb drivers. Updated my firmware. Removed the old driver, safe boot and re-install Saitek's latest driver. I also turned off all of the Windows power saving things having to do with the usb's.

I couldn't find anything on their website about where to get one, what the power specs were or anything even mentioning this power adapter. There's several on E-bay but they are showing all different voltages and amps. One on Amazon says it will usually ship in 1 to 2 months. What gives with that? Are they just trying to push their free two day shipping with Amazon Prime?

My Saitek Trim Wheel does the same thing but I don't need that to fly.

Just wanted to vent before I explode with frustration. Anxiously awaiting the day I can order a new better quality yoke.

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Yes, I've done that already including running it through a powered usb hub. Nothing seams to help. Hoping the power supply will work.

Thanks

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe I have finally solved the issue. I purchased the power supply that does not come with the flight yoke and is not even referenced on the Saitek website let alone the specs needed for the power supply. 5V 2.5 amps

Mitch

Archived