Seeking ATC advice

runway 14 left

I have been using the FSX default ATC for a while now and I am looking for something a bit better. More sophisticated.

I have looked at VATSIM, and that is more than I want to take on at this point.

So I've been looking at add-ons like PF3 or Radar Contact 4. It seems like I had come across one where even though it wasn't online, you could still use a microphone and speakers other than type. I can't remember the name.

Does anyone know what product that is?

I've been having fun with VoxATC. At some point, I'll probably begin using VATSIM, but it's been helpful getting into the habit of speaking without having to worry about other human being in the equation. Also, I wonder if more people used something like this if it wouldn't be beneficial to the process of ATC communications, because it forces you to speak *clearly*.

If you use VoxATC, be sure and grab all of the currently available add-on voices. They offer multiple versions of each voice, including a "filtered" version that sounds more like a com-radio quality version (treble and scratchy) to provide better realism.

I've been having fun with VoxATC. At some point, I'll probably begin using VATSIM, but it's been helpful getting into the habit of speaking without having to worry about other human being in the equation. Also, I wonder if more people used something like this if it wouldn't be beneficial to the process of ATC communications, because it forces you to speak *clearly*.

If you use VoxATC, be sure and grab all of the currently available add-on voices. They offer multiple versions of each voice, including a "filtered" version that sounds more like a com-radio quality version (treble and scratchy) to provide better realism.

This week I installed and began using VOX ATC. I am still learning it, but enjoying it so far.

I also like that it has bumped up my level of AI traffic.

Archived