Deleting 3wirex

stevebarker12

Does anyone know how to delete the 3wirex program that runs with flight deck 6?

I have removed it using uninstall programme and also removed flightdeck 6 and removed aicarriers but it keeps firing up each time I run fsx.

I want to get rid of it off my fsx and get rid of flight deck 6

Than you for your help

Kind regards

Steve

Preston

UK

Did you delete it's entry in the EXE.xml file? It sounds to me that, if you uninstalled it, but it starts up, that you didn't uninstall the one called in the EXE.xml file. Look through that file, and follow the path it specifies to the flightdeck6.exe file, or whatever the .exe file that starts it up is called. Delete that file, and everything else in it's folder, assuming it has it's own folder and isn't installed in a folder with many other, unrelated .exe files. If it is, then just delete the flightdeck6.exe, or whatever it uses to start. Or just change the .exe extension to .BAK, or something. ANYthing other than .exe.

Then, delete the entry of it in the EXE.xml file. Same place as the FSX.cfg file. Open it with NotePad or NotePad++, edit it, then save it off, and close. Then see if it starts up automatically. Make a backup of the EXE.xml file before you start, of course, so you can go back to what worked if something gets totally messed up.

I personally use AICarriers.NET, a newer version of AIC, and it seems to work a lot better than the original. Uses many fewer computer resources, etc. I can post a link to it if you desire. I don't know that relation it has to the Flightdeck 6 program, but I know for a fact it works fine as a standalone.

Hope this helps a little :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is a trojan (virus) that is also named '3wirex.exe'. If you have a 'win32.sality' file in your Window Sys32 folder, then you have a (very nasty) virus. Hard to get rid of. Google for a removal program. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Removal Tool is found at: completelyuninstallprogram dot com

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No virus scanner will detect it. It also self modifies itself so it changes it's disguise daily. Did you check your window\system32 folder for that file I listed? Did you go to the site I listed to read up on it or get the 'fix' tool? I might be over reacting I admit. It's a sleeper back door trojan. A time bomb. Oh well, hopefully you don't have it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived