tree bgls

Mowgli22

Hi I have the following bgl file in numerous locations in my fs9 install. I am wondering if i should only have one copy in my scenery/Generic/ Scenery folder. The bgl is ag_tree_lib.BGL. Thanks for any input. David
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

My understanding, gleamed from comments to similar questions here, is that scenery objects inside a library are accessed by their unique GUID (32 digit numbers), and not by location in the file system tree. If the multiple copies of that file are truly identical, that is, they contain the same GUIDs, then you should be able to get rid of all but one copy.

You can easily test this. Rename all but one to something like ag.HIDE and then fly around each scenery tht contains one of these now-hidden files in turn. If there are no missing trees then you can saefly delete the HIDE files.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a try. Cheers
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Archived