Ground textures missing at night

smx55

Did the latest update today for GSX and after update I'm having a few issue. for 1 the ground textures at Katl disappears at night. 2) the progressive Taxi no longer works. I have uninstall the airport and reinstall with no luck. in the day time the textures will work but still no progressive taxi.

Thanks

Tried reinstalling FSX and no difference.....only difference with my system is a new graphics card. I had tried to uninstall and reinstall the airport same problem. When I try to change views this is what happens for a few seconds and goes to normal.I Lost every thing was fine.

IMG_0884-2.jpg

IMG_0887-2.jpg

IMG_0888-2.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Have you set fsx to use dirextx10 preview nmode, in the fsx settings menu?

If so, set it to use dx9 mode instead.

Thanks you very much for the response, I did have it set to x10 preview, I have unchecked it but I don't see where to select the dx9

Ah yes, unchecking is selecting dx9. No separate box.:)

WOW!! i don't understand Ive had this checked before on the old graphics card with no problem but now with this new one its seem it doesn't like x10. Thanks for your help

My progressive taxi still doesn't show....any ideas?

Glad that worked.

In dx9 progr taxi is sometimes invisible at a certain angle. Or it disappears, and reepappears after you taxied a bit further.

It usually stays visible in top down view. (if you don't zoom out too far.)

Btw, look at the last pick you posted. Did you notice it says "flight simulator x" on the blue aircraft.

I think that is some king of generic texture fsx shows in dx10 mode if the scomputer can't keep up. Setting lower and it will happen less. I remember every time I chose weather with snow I would get those textures printed on the ground.

It's been a long time since I used dx10 mode.

The taxiline not showing may also happen more when the computer is overtaxed. But I'm not sure. That 'issue' seems more random.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad that worked.

In dx9 progr taxi is sometimes invisible at a certain angle. Or it disappears, and reepappears after you taxied a bit further.

It usually stays visible in top down view. (if you don't zoom out too far.)

Btw, look at the last pick you posted. Did you notice it says "flight simulator x" on the blue aircraft.

I think that is some king of generic texture fsx shows in dx10 mode if the scomputer can't keep up. Setting lower and it will happen less. I remember every time I chose weather with snow I would get those textures printed on the ground.

It's been a long time since I used dx10 mode.

The taxiline not showing may also happen more when the computer is overtaxed. But I'm not sure. That 'issue' seems more random.

Ok thanks again, will try lowering the setting a bit and see if that help

Archived