Recommended bufferpool values

Hageneezz

Good evening all,

Is there some logic in deciding the bufferpool values that are best for ones system? I have read there are lots of different values, maybe someone can help me pointing me in the right direction?

Here are my system details:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4 Ghz

8 GB DDR 3 Ram

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 2GB

SSD

Thanks...

Yep, somewhat subjective and system dependant, but i agree that your rig is good enough for usepools=0. Thats what i use with mine having tested numerous values and rejec threshold settings.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have been using usepools=0 for a while now, and i am very happy with performance FPS wise and overall smoothness, i however keep getting artifacts. I searched about and tried setting the water to 2x high, but still keep getting artifacts..

Is there a setting almost similar to usepools=1 but without artifacts?

Thanks

When I had my old i3 system at 3.3 GHz on 8 GB of RAM with first a nVidia GT 620 and later a GT 640 card, I got artifacts and had to use buffers, but am not sure of the values I had. Now, with a i7-6700 at 3.4 GHz on 16 GB and a nVidia GTX 960, I don't have to use buffers. So, in between the two is where the fuzzy borderline is, and some experimentation would be in order.

By all means try the value that JSMR proposed and see what happens.

Jorgen

Thanks guys, iìll try out poolsize=3000 soon!

If your PC blows up, I'm not responsible. :D

Also try this :

http://www.sysprobs.com/22-easy-free-steps-windows-7-faster-faster

I did most of that, except paging file at step 3 and found my windows even faster and seems to improve FPS a little 3-4 FPS in both FS9 and FSX.

Its gives back a few cycles to the CPU to work on FSX/9 and that can only be a good thing.

So i`ve tried the bufferpools 3000 setting. I`m getting similar performance as the usepools=0 setting, high FPS and very smooth flying, only, as with usepools=0, i`m getting artifacts...what a shame.

I`m going to try out some other settings, but for know i`ll take the artifacts with the smooth performance of usepools=0 over the other settings, which have no artifacts but less smooth experience.

Thanks for helping me out so far!

Cheers

Archived