Is there a VR for FS2004

CRJ_simpilot

I haven't heard of anything yet myself. VR would be a great enhancement to flight simulator with it's narrow field of view. I've tried TrackIR and gave it up. Too much fussing around with the equipment plus the view, although an improvement, was still limited. Full VR would sure make it easier to look around for an unfamiliar field and to position oneself properly in the landing pattern. As it is now, paging views back and forth while on downwind, or base to get lined up for final can be very distracting, not to mention confusing!

The present VR systems are pretty expensive and are marketed to the general public as a 'fun thing'. I wonder if potential manufacturers of a VR system for Flight Simulator consider the limited market of dedicated flt simmers too small to justify the cost of development and production. That may be the answer. Plus there's the question of software compatability with all the various flt sim programs out there. A discouraging thought!

But nevertheless Having said all that; I want one, I want one...gimme, gimme, gimme and be quick about it!!!!!

JonB

Archived