Gerrish Greys Trees

Mowgli22

Can his trees V3 be installed in a folder and added to the scenery library like any other scenery. Even though it says to install in the main texture folder i have all of the tree bmp it says to remove in my fs9 texture folder. I'm reluctant to remove them. I need the trees because of the LOWS 2006 airport scenery. Thanks and Happy New Year
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Been a long time since I have seen those trees, but would suspect they are just replacements for default trees? So, you can't add as scenery as you suggest.

Why not just save a copy of your texture folder and then rename it, or move it somewhere outside of your FS9 install (or just the tree files). Then add the GG trees in your main texture folder. IF you don't like the results, switch back to your saved folder.

Was thinking the same thing or perhaps just put them in the texture folder of the LOWS scenery perhaps. Thanks for the input

Been a long time since I have seen those trees, but would suspect they are just replacements for default trees? So, you can't add as scenery as you suggest.

Why not just save a copy of your texture folder and then rename it, or move it somewhere outside of your FS9 install (or just the tree files). Then add the GG trees in your main texture folder. IF you don't like the results, switch back to your saved folder.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

or perhaps just put them in the texture folder of the LOWS scenery perhaps.

Won't work. Those trees may be used by the LOWS scenery, also, but when you replace the tree textures in the \FS9\Texture folder, you are replacing the trees the autogen file calls out, not JUST the LOWS scenery. So, all the trees in the FS9 world.

Hope that makes things clear...or at least slightly clearer than mud.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

GG's trees are an object library that has nothing to do with default autogen trees.

Yes, you can create a separate scenery area for them if you wish, though there is no real advantage to doing so.

What I did was to put the trees_0.bgl in ...\FS9\Scenery\Generic\scenery and the textures in ...\FS9\Scenery\Generic\texture and have never had a problem with them working as expected.

As long as the .bgl is in an active scenery area and the textures are either in the paired texture folder or ...\FS9\Texture they will work.

Watch for multiple copies of this file, it is one that often gets added (unnecessarily) to addons by developers, which can cause problems.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi Bean. Thanks for the response. I went ahead and followed the instructions in the readme. I backed up the main texture folder beforehand. I have weird tree textures and as soon as i can figure out how to set up a screenshot link i will post it. Thanks again

Archived