AI maximum limit FS2004

ital

Hi flightsim,

Does FS2004 has a number of AI max limit I should know about before continuing my AI addons. For example in the GTR sim GTR2, the maximum AI that could be loaded is 104 depending on the track racing on. Does FS2004 has a limit similar or it can go without effect, I already have added a lot in the past and it takes over a minute and a half to load the sim up to the menu. Just recently I want to add many more repaints and so I wonder if there's a limit.

Thank you,

Regards.

Under 4 minutes??? What the hell did you include in your sim lol ;)

I just have some addons not a lot like most users do. Only AI traffic that is making it long and surely it's going to take much more time soon as I'm in progress adding more.

For a random test, I just put all my MAIW aircraft folders into a temporary one and run FS2004 and the loading time was 3-7 seconds only despite having so much other commercial AI and little GA. Seems MAIW use lots of performances.

MWAI doesn't affect startup times anymore than any other AI packs.

Then why was it faster when I loaded FS without them? I didn't do anything else, like removed the addons airport and others. Just aircraft folders about 313 of them.

Then why was it faster when I loaded FS without them? I didn't do anything else, like removed the addons airport and others. Just aircraft folders about 313 of them.

Because less planes equals fast loading times and more planes equals longer loading times. You could have added 313 WOAI planes and your results would have been exactly the same.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I have tested this many times. Most of the time taken for FS9 (and presumably FSX) to load is taken up with AI aircraft. I have a lot of AI a/c installed, with their associated flight plans and it takes some minutes to get to the main FS screen.

Given that FS9 takes so long to load, I made a folder ("AircraftXXX" or similar) containing just the default c172, and wrote a simple batch file to rename the full FS9 Aircraft folder to "AircraftZZZ" (or whatever) and the 'lite' AircraftXXX folder to 'Aircraft'. This is perfect when you are testing out bgl files and so on, cutting FS9 loading time to virtually nothing, at least in comparison. The batch file then puts the folders back to how they were when you exit it... Easy enough for anyone to do using XCopy or XXCopy...

(There is a limit to the number of scenery entries that appear in the file library, by the way. I am sure, like me, many people reached the limit ages ago! (Is it 999? I forget). You can still add as many sceneries as you like to the scenery.cfg file, and they work just fine, but they won't show up in the scenery library UI).

Good to know the scenery entries goes to 999 because I haven't even came close to that yet. I do have scenery that blankets many Alaskan areas in one entry. Which makes me wonder if that could be done to others to maximize the library limit?

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Archived