Always rebuilding scenery library

fsblibli

Hi to all and a merry Christmas!

I wonder if somebody can point me in the right direction. I have tons of addons and every time I load FS2004 the scenery library gets built up again as if I had done a change to the scenery.cfg. Well, I haven't and I wonder how I might track down this permanent problem. It would take looooong to see if it's caused by a scenery by trying out one by one. I have hundreds!

Thanks for you ideas.

I fixed this exact problem and made a note of the solution - but can't find the note I made anywhere! I'll keep looking, but as far as I recall, it had something to do with the scenery.cfg file - check that you don't have any duplicate entries in that file. Something tells me that that was the problem, but my memory may be playing tricks. I am 99% sure it is not down to any individual scenery anyway.

If that doesn't help, let me know. I am really annoyed I 'carefully' backed up the solution and now can't find it. Typical!

You might want to take a look at this tool - Scenery Config Editor (found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/ to download it and to find info on how to use it look at http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/).

It works for both FS2004 and FSX. When run it catalogues the entries it finds in the scenery.cfg file and, if it identifies any issues, will highlight the problem area(s). It also has a built in text editor that will open automatically at the error area.

Regards

Brian

This has come up before in this very forum, and there was a solution posted. I don't recall the details, but the reason has something to do with an "inconsistency" in the "Date Modificated" on some files. That is, not just the date on one file, but on comparing an A with a B somewhere. Not sure how helpful this remark is :(
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Archived