A pleasing scenery discovery

asos

I discovered that the scenery file below installs seamlessly into FS9.

FS2002 - FS2002 Scenery

FS2002 Scenery--Landable Ships Near Athens

[ Download | View ]

Name: tarawa2.zip

Size: 116,948 Date: 02-10-2003 Downloads: 2,084

FS2002 Scenery--Landable Ships Near Athens, Greece. Places the helicopter carrier Tarawa and four strike craft (two of them with landable helipads). By Danny Levin.

This Scenery pack Places the Helicopter carrier "Tarawa" and four Strike craft (two of them with landable helipads) about 14NM, at 175 Degrees off Athens, Greece..

(37*40.00 S 23*45.00 E)

The Tarawa has an NDB ( 333 KHZ , 80NM)

I made a scenery and and texture folder and put them in a top folder named TARAWA K2. Put that into the ADDON SCENERY FOLDER--C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\TARAWA K2-- and declared it in the scenery library...

I then trapped and launched with naval aircraft and I now intend to use some helos--having saved some 2 flights, one on the deck--for launches and one behind the ship 5 miless out and heading to it, for traps.

Nick

Athens, Greece

P.S. I seem to remember Danny Levin had made this on request from me long ago and then uploaded it later here.

There are a TON of landable ships for FS9. Well, about 55, subtracting bridges, "forts", and so on. There's a lot, anyway. Destroyers, cruisers, American, Australian, UK, the variety is great.

The really best one, IMO, and specially made for helicopter landing training, in FS9, is THIS ONE, in the library here. Just do a search for "Landable" (without the quotes) to see them all.

FS9, however, all of them are static. Unmoving. Best you can do is have wind over the boat.

In FSX, with AICarriers, you can have moving ships, again, many varieties, to practice landing on. Cargo, military, all sizes from full sized carriers down to small ships, well, big enough for a helo to land on, anyway. Rescue missions, the whole nine yards.

Anyway, have fun! That's what counts :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Glad you like it :)

Add a little bit of breeze, makes landings even more exciting. I know there are ways to adjust the position in the world, but that's something the scenery types will have to give a hand with. I know less than nothing about how-to on sceneries. Ships and so on, in FS9, are scenery, like an add-on airport. Well, they are actually add-on airports, just out in the ocean, instead of on land.

Anyway, enjoy it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived