AI Plans taxi problem

seshey

Hello All - I have a problem with my turbo-prop AI planes in FSX when departing the stand. The plane pushes back but then takes a large 180 degree turn to face the taxi way. My jet AI plans turn much tighter and do not interfere with the neighboring stands but due to this wide turn the turbo props do. It is not to do with the taxi speed, nor (from what I can see) to do with the size of the gate as I have tried this with small and medium sized gates. I have trawled the cfg and air files to see if there is a simple fix but without luck. These plans also deviate from the taxi path when turning as if the rudder is not able to turn as hard as it should. Any help /advice would be much appreciated. Andy

Hello All - I have a problem with my turbo-prop AI planes in FSX when departing the stand. The plane pushes back but then takes a large 180 degree turn to face the taxi way. My jet AI plans turn much tighter and do not interfere with the neighboring stands but due to this wide turn the turbo props do. It is not to do with the taxi speed, nor (from what I can see) to do with the size of the gate as I have tried this with small and medium sized gates. I have trawled the cfg and air files to see if there is a simple fix but without luck. These plans also deviate from the taxi path when turning as if the rudder is not able to turn as hard as it should. Any help /advice would be much appreciated. Andy

First, I'd try editing the cfg file for one of the AI culprits, to increase the max allowable turn angle for the nose gear. If that helps, then do it for the rest as well. If not, you may have to adjust contact points to make a shorter wheelbase.

Archived