Now she is pertty much dialed in - KATL-KMIA at dusk/Night flight

I am truly impressed with your sim! I'm sure it took many, many hours of hard work to get everything working to your satisfaction. The performance looks smooth as glass. This is on par with the level D sim I have flown for the C208 and 777. Great job, sir!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I look forward to seeing more videos of the cockpit in action. By the way, Mike, how many pc's do you have to run the cockpit?

Hi,

I started with three computers and it was a nice smooth ride, with less graphics naturally. It was setup as follows:

Computer one ran P3D3.3 via three Titan X graphic cards with a 1500 watt power supply in a 6700cpu setup. She ran three 75" 4K Samsung UHDTVs. I just didn't like the side views with surround, that's why I added the additional computers. The added benefit of adding computers, I am now able to kick up the graphics.

Computer two ran Sim-Avionics which is the software/hardware interface. Computer three injected weather from AS2016.

The new setup is as follows and is smoother and I've been able to kick the graphics up.

Compurer one: Runs P3D3.4, it's the server, all the graphics are turned down to a minimum. This computer feeds the clients with location infromation, weather, traffic and whatnot. This computer is a 10 core cpu setup.

Computers two, three and four: Run P3D3.4, they are the clients and run the visuals via the three 75" 4K's at 3840x2160 each. These setups consist of 6700 cpus with a Titan 1080 graphics card.

Computers five and six: Run Sim-Avionics (hardware/software interface) and allow for the injection of live weather.

I have another computer, number seven that I will add soon for Sim-Avionics. I'll break up the Capt & F/O displays/FMCs to their own computer and I'm done for now.

After that, I'll be adding a 220* wrap around screen with three projectors.

Mike

If I ever get to a point of building a similar home cockpit, I know who to lean on for advice :)

I intend to have Origin PC build my next system that certainly includes the Titan X card.

Archived