Panning in FSX as in FS9?

lmhariano

4 years after purchasing FSX Boxed, 2 after purchasing FSX-SE (only $5), and 3 uninstalls, I decided to give FSX another chance. However, one of the problems I'm still finding is that I 'm unable to pan the view as in FS9, when using an Xbox 360 wired controller.

I mean, FS9 saw the D-pad as a hat switch, and thus it was able to set it for controlling pan. Windows (both 7 and 10) control panel also sees the D-pad as a POV control. However, when trying to use the "View (pan)" control, FSX does not see the D-pad as POV, but just as 4 buttons: up, down , left and right. I'm unable to assign this control.

I had to assign each of the 4 buttons to FSX as Look up/down/left/right, but I can't make FSX see the diagonal button presses. Adding them manually to standard.xml resulted in all my control assignments restored to defaults :confused:

How can I use the D-pad as POV in FSX?

PS: please don't suggest me to get a real joystick: I have already an X-52, but sometimes the Xbox feels more comfortable, fits in my bag with my laptop, and its rudder control is a lot better.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

..please don't suggest me to get a real joystick: I have already an X-52, but sometimes the Xbox feels more comfortable, fits in my bag with my laptop, and its rudder control is a lot better.

I only know about joysticks. I googled the X-52 and it looks magnificent (costs 100 GB pounds/170 US dollars), so if I were you I'd dump your x-box and switch to your X-52.

Why do you need to put it in your bag anyway, do you only play FSX on your laptop?

Found a way to do so: I added the following lines to Standard.xml:

PAN_LEFT_UP

PAN_RIGHT_UP

PAN_LEFT_DOWN

PAN_RIGHT_DOWN

I've done a couple of flights after this, and now problem is solved.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Archived