When FS goes wrong...

Hi everyone! Haven't posted for a bit, for numerous reasons. Nothing drastic, just a lot of the usual stuff like work schedules, life events, and Harley ridin'. :cool: But my biggest reason lately has been :mad: FRUSTRATION! :mad: You all know my computer can be more than a little cranky at times, but here lately FS has been downright curmudgeony!! :(

Here are a few examples:

This one wouldn't even lift off the ground! 200 kts and just rolled right off the runway end...

752_N601RC_001.jpg

Here I am at Long Beach (KLGB) in HJG's Boeing 717-200. Took a couple nice screenies then began backing out of my parking spot. Made it this far and BANG!...crashed to desktop.

B712_N6202S_001.jpg

B712_N6202S_002.jpg

B712_N6202S_003.jpg

OK...:confused: We'll try again! Vistaliners 727-227/ADV Continental out of San Diego (KSAN) bound for Austin (KAUS). Didn't make it to cruise altitude OR Arizona before things went wonky. At about FL260 I get both a stall warning AND an overspeed warning! I fought it for a few minutes, then ended the flight before it fell outta the sky...

B722_N79711_002.jpg

B722_N79711_004.jpg

B722_N79711_006.jpg

Strike two...:p Oh well, 3rd time's a charm,eh? Back at Long Beach (still trying to get to Austin), with TinMouse II 737-2J8C/ADV looking all shiny in Western livery.

Taxi: OK

B732CADV_N236WA_002.jpg

Take Off: OK

B732CADV_N236WA_004.jpg

Climb to cruise altitude: OK!

B732CADV_N236WA_009.jpg

All Right!!! :D Finally I get to fly, right? NOPE! :mad: Somewhere about El Paso, FS froze up. Still had sound and a moving mouse, but had to use Task Manager to stop it.

Thanks for letting me rant. I've got a folder full of half-flight screenies that I don't wanna post, or else you all will think I just can't land... :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've had days like this, where my PC just didn't wanna play.

As for your takeoff and landing issues------don't be offended, but that's pilot error more so than mechanical. (I don't work for the NTSB; just an observation! Lol)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Archived