Godzilla is a 2D Panel

flyer8

Needing some panel building practice and looking for some fun, I had found this fantastic wood panel by John Van Voorhis. It's so special and doesn't it fit into the fun category. Reminds me of an Alembic Bass I used to own.

Its funny, a few days after I started building and while I was working on it, a post about 2D panels came-up in the FS2004 forum. I wanted to post a screen shot there as they were talking about dinosaurs. But it wasn't completed yet and had to wait until now.

A 2D panel along with a VC is truly a great way to fly. I hope you enjoy the images!

Best Regards,

Mark

Flight Simulator 9

Cessna Centurion Wood Panel by John Van Voorhis

Carenado C210M Centurion II (2003 Version)

IFR

001 IFR.jpg

IFR Radios

002 IFR Radios.jpg

IFR Autopilot

003 IFR Autopilot.jpg

VFR

004 VFR.jpg

VC1

005 VC1.jpg

VC2

006 VC2.jpg

VC3

007 VC3.jpg

California Desert

008 California Desert.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to add a Carenado credit and what a fantastic aircraft it is!

Real neat!

Love the cockpit view, and the Californian landscape is looking good too. ;)

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.†- Leonardo da Vinci :pilot:

Nice wood panel Mark, I can'tell remember the last time I used a 2D panel. ;) Great shots. :)

Adam, try to remember the days of September, the bass was suite, and I don't rember the rest of the words!

Best Regards!

That's some splendid work. Very nice looking wood panel. Be sure to park it away from any termites. Jim

You know, I read about termites and did look for a anti-termite solution at the Alembic web page. They had no protection, just normal old wood polish.

Isn't it fun...thanks Jim!

Good work!

I forgot about the 2D VFR/IFR option... that plus the VC surely answers all the questions about What You Need in a sim!

You know, the mini-panel is available in the sim, but isn't Carenado's solution a great concept as well. Is it summer across the pond yet?

Best Regards

That is sweet! I fly that plane regularly in FS9, and that sure would be an enjoyable alternative to Carenado's supplied panel.

Great job :)

Neil :cool:

Thanks Neil! Its fun when a plan comes together and everyone enjoys it!

Best Regards

Archived