Use Windows 7???

louross

I've been running FS9 under Windows 7 for about 7 years with no problems. If you do experience trouble right click on the FS9 Icon, go down and click on "Properties", select the "Compatability" Tab, click to check the compatability box and select another mode, e.g., Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then click on "Apply", "OK" and try to see if that works for you.

Larry

I'm running fs9 on windows xp, but my tech is pushing me to use windows 7. I ran a search but can't fibnd any info about w7. Isn't there some configurations necessay?

thanks.

louross.

Just curious .....

Why is your "tech" pushing you to use Windows7? I've been using XP since the beginning with no problems even to this date.

If it ain't broke .... why fix it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just went from XP 32 bit to Wins 7 64 bit. The 'configuration' I needed to run FS9 was to use the 'No CD' patch. Only way I could make FS9 run. So now you know (Google 'FS9 No CD' to get links - but choose wisely the site to download from).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just a thought, if you do upgrade, get a 64bit version of the operating system, with a minimum of 4GB RAM.

Even though FS2004 is a 32bit program, it will run far better in a 64bit version of the operating system.

VERY basically, a 32bit operating system will use a maximum of 4GB RAM, including that of the memory of your graphics card. A 64bit operating system will separate the two, letting FS2004 use 4GB on it's own, with the graphics card using its RAM separatly.

Hope this makes sense. OH, no configurations needed. apart from the the No CD solution.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

If you use 7 make sure you install to C drive and NOT in the programs folder. As Win 7 emulates the programs folder and it makes it very hard to install addons.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Archived