Astounding! New payware sceneries for FS2004!

Wing_Z

Big news is the updated EDDF from Aerosoft - a monumental work, and you need a good computer for it too.

Never thought that discussion would arise for an FS9 scenery, but things have clearly moved on...

Then UK2000 Aberdeen, another brilliant scenery with a lot of possibilities for customising traffic and so on.

Do not forget the updated Polish aiports either, beautifully done.

And Buenos Aires too!

And all this for that "old" sim - I for one will show my appreciation by spending a little in that direction.

There are still a few out there that are spending time and money on the classic FS2004.

For myself I tried FSX a while but never got a good feeling with it, so I turned back to my beloved FS2004. I knew about Drzewiecki Design and FS2000, but that Aerosoft is back on track I didn't know so thank you for that.

May I add Azurafiles to the list, Simon is still working on FS2004 and after a while we became real good friends. It's good to see that FS2004 isn't criticized around here.

http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x707/x701captain4.jpg

Don't know that Aerosoft is back on track - it's a one-off and they are skeptical about sales.

Perhaps a few of the (so far) 180 viewers of this thread will make the effort and prove, with money, that FS2004 is indeed still alive and well.

Thanks for the pointer to Azurafiles. I got EKVG Vagar out of curiosity as up to now I didn't really know where the Faroe Islands were! A charming little scenery, very reasonably priced.

I'd recommend adding the freebie photoreal done by a user (even though it purports to be P3D it seems to work fine in FS9) The mesh is very nicely done and deserves it.

EDIT: A little work on the AFCAD, a little Atlantic Airways AI, and a little helo traffic... what more do you need to brighten this sodden little bit of earth??

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/MWKHvz.jpg

intel i7-4790k @4GHz

I am not a computer expert so I hope I have given the right details.

Video card is NVidia GTX 770

Ok. Descent enough I guess. I suppose depends on other settings you have. I've reduced all my AI textures to 512 x 512 and DXT1 I think. Not sure how that really effects Fps but seems to make some difference.

Looks good. Might have to ask the boss of she'll let me buy it. Reminder on her previous 47 heels and purse purchases should do the trick....hopefully. :D

Ok. Descent enough I guess. I suppose depends on other settings you have. I've reduced all my AI textures to 512 x 512 and DXT1 I think. Not sure how that really effects Fps but seems to make some difference.

Looks good. Might have to ask the boss of she'll let me buy it. Reminder on her previous 47 heels and purse purchases should do the trick....hopefully. :D

Yes everything in life is a question of compromise !

For what it is worth I have always run my AI textures as 32 bit. Now this is supposed to be a drag on resources, but I use intensive AI (over 3000 different textures; 21,000 AI flights; 590,000 flight legs).

Most of my sliders are on maximum and with Active Sky weather and payware a/c like PMDG/Level-D/ifly I have rarely experienced excessively slow framerates. The only time

I did was in thick cloud when I was using an ADM/ATI graphics card. The NVidia card is better in this regard.

Yes everything in life is a question of compromise !

For what it is worth I have always run my AI textures as 32 bit. Now this is supposed to be a drag on resources, but I use intensive AI (over 3000 different textures; 21,000 AI flights; 590,000 flight legs).

Most of my sliders are on maximum and with Active Sky weather and payware a/c like PMDG/Level-D/ifly I have rarely experienced excessively slow framerates. The only time

I did was in thick cloud when I was using an ADM/ATI graphics card. The NVidia card is better in this regard.

I'm currently using a G3220 cpu. 3:00ghz. Dual core/thread.

As much as CPU speed is everything, I also reckon more cores/threads makes a differnece to processing all the bits and pieces like AI and WX etc etc.

Can't prove it but hey, its a good story.

Tomorow though I fit a 3.8 GHz i-3 so i'll be interested in the comparison. Maybe I'll be able to go back to the 32 bit AI. Looks a lot better admittedly.

Anyway, OT. Sorry Wingzie. ;D

Archived