My New Ride ($$$)

azzaro

Dropped some serious cash on this one. It wasn't even on sale! :eek:

I'm not usually one for business jets but this sweetie can land on

anything over 3000 feet – paved, gravel, grass, dirt or ice!

At least that's what the salesman said. :confused:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Pilatus PC-24! * — Bob

*(I'm not actually giving you anything... just wanted that understood)

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I was eyeballing this airplane quite extensively yesterday. Does it fly well?? Any major quirks?

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I was eyeballing this airplane quite extensively yesterday. Does it fly well?? Any major quirks?

Well, the cup holder is too small for my Lo-fat Half-caf Triple Latte Macchiato! Other than that it's fine. :rolleyes:

I actually haven't flown it enough to give a fair assessment. So far it seems very smooth and responsive.

The avionics take a bit of getting used to as they are a little unconventional in their layout. Also, I haven't flown

this type of aircraft much and can only compare it to twin props like King Airs and Twotters. — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's why you should wear a hat with cup holders on each side and a tube you can hold in your mouth while flying :)

Thanks for the limited info. I may get the aircraft today!

In the real world of flying, the company I work for was looking into buying a number of the Pilatus 24s, but there is already a fairly long waiting list. It could take us 3 to 5 yrs or longer to get one :(

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Very pretty machine indeed Bob! :cool::cool::cool: I think I can use some parts of it.

Hands off pal! I've seen what you do to aircraft! You'll have no dealings with my new lady. Hear!!!

You'd probably fill her with stinky cheese and your beer-swilling cronies... Nay, nay, I say! :mad: — (angry)Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First impressions. Nice plane. Good navigation system although not on par with G1000 it is still quite nice. Biggest complaint is too many inoperable switches. Flying it is great though. Stable, fast with nice and slow approach speeds

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

First impressions. Nice plane. Good navigation system although not on par with G1000 it is still quite nice. Biggest complaint is too many inoperable switches. Flying it is great though. Stable, fast with nice and slow approach speeds

I agree with your comment about inoperable switches. You really need to read through the manual to avoid frustration with what would be intuitive controls that don't actually work. All-in-all a very nice plane when you want to get somewhere fast, with style! — Bob

p.s. I finally beat Adam to a new plane so I'm quite enjoying being a bad influence. :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had some more flight time and can give you some more humble opinions. The P24 is the only plane I know where it literally takes 2 steps to fire up the engines. Step one switch ignition step two throttle up. I'm sure it isn't in reality but it is in the IRIS version. Generators and battery switches do nothing. Good model and relatively good flying despite the counterintuitive navigation and limited "FMS" operation. I also don't know why IRIS chose to use seriously bold fonts for the PFD, it can be difficult to read quickly and looks amature. I prefer a crisp look in my instruments. This might be a small thing but it all counts considering the price tag.

I suspect engine response is probably not modelled properly eaither - N1 and aircraft acceleration is way too instantaneous. Amongst the multitude of inoperable switches I found one swith which seems to do something despite manual claiming it's not operable - pulse recognition lights . Although I don't think it does what it would in reality. It's a nice enough plane but should cost at the most 30% what it does.

My advise, stick to the better renowned products form Flight1, Carenado, or the Rolls Royce (aka PMDG).

I think is it is WAY too expensive for what you get.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

• 1 month later...

Hay Bob,

I wonder if you can help. I am trying but cannot do the following:

-Changing range on MFD

-Going into the "Aeronautical" menu on the MFD. I am following the manual by highlighting "Aeronautical" and then pressing enter. But nothing happens.

Can you help?

Thanks

Bart

OK. Got your answers for you.

Firstly see page 46 in the manual for MCP selector mouse operation.

Mouse right/left to move selection right/left. Scroll wheel moves selection up/down.

No need to press enter to go into Aeronautical submenu, just scroll.

In any Mode other than Aeronautical the scroll wheel changes range.

Hope that addresses your problems. Cheers! — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived