25" or 27" (2560x1440) Monitor for FSX, which is crisper?

forshaw

It seems to me you should have stuck with the 28" monitor if this was really the issue. What do you have the text size set to in Windows Control Panel? (And what resolution do you run Windows at?)

I use default 100% text sizing which is fine for general PC use, but when I switch to games the menu text is too small in some games, and adjusting it to 125% or even 200% in Control Panel has no effect, and the only way I can make it bigger is to use 1360 x 768 resolution, but even then it's sometimes not enough.

For example last week I bought 'Wargame Red Dragon' but the ingame text is hopelessly too small no matter what reso I use, making the game totally unplayable, that's £30 down the drain!

Some sims and games have a useful option to make the ingame menus larger, but some (like FSX) don't, so the only way to make them larger is to use a lower reso.

I'm therefore forced to run FSX at 1360 x 768 so that I can read the menus, because if I run at 1920 x 1080 the menus can't be read with the naked eye, or maybe I need a new pair of glasses, I dunno (sniffle)..

So I went ahead and ordered the 25 inch Asus 2560x1440. Will respond back once I get it and set it up. I never really had a problem with fine print so hopefully is should be ok.

I currently Have a 24.1 inch Asus 1920x1080 and the pixel on fsx menu is big for me and when I tried my friend's 27 inch same pixel it was like using a magnifying glass. Some people said it's small and some said it was ok We'll see.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Archived