Windows 7

roscoe1983

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a legitimate OEM copy of window 7 64 bit? If it is what website? I have looked on Amazon and of the ones there I see in the reviews of complaints of product key issues and of fake copies. I am looking to build a new computer that is just for FSX.

I have two OEM copies of Win7. One 64 & one 32 bit. Those are gold in the vault for me.

All of those free upgrades everyone got could not possibly be a "goodwill gesture" on behalf of Microsoft. They have an end goal in sight that I won't be a part of.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

They have an end goal in sight that I won't be a part of.

The end goal has been clearly communicated by Microsoft: To avoid having to stretch Windows 7 extended support after January 14, 2020, and not repeat what happened when Windows XP support was continued after its drop dead support date. Sales of Win7 are scheduled to end October 31, 2016. At my place of work we have the same goal. Keeping the now-years-old Windows 7 pc's patched and updated is more troublesome than moving to Windows 10. Unless you really believe in conspiracy theories, it just makes sense.

Archived