Recover Joystick Button Assignment

Ray Hff

By 'Donor' at AvSim: Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:39 PM: (NOTICE: 2006!!!)

Ah, yes, well, in this topic I only explained how to assign the hotkeys to the views. Making the views themselves is a totally different story! But that doesn't matter. ;) The easiest way of getting new views is to edit existing ones (one that's close to what you want, like a VC view in which you can pan around) in the Aircraft.cfg. In that case you (probably) only have to change the InitialXyz and InitialPbh numbers (and maybe zoom) in that Camera Configuration (more about that later). If you don't want to do that (because you need those views or they just aren't there) you have to copy a Camera Configuration you can use as a base for your new view into the Aircraft.cfg (again, one that's close to what you want, like a VC view in which you can pan around), change the GUID (which has to be unique: with a little luck changing one number will make it unique), change the number (CameraDefinition.#, which has to be unique too) and give it an appropriate name (Title).Choosing a view that's close to what you want eliminates the need for editing a lot of other entries, like PanPbhAdjust and SnapPbhAdjust.After that the only thing left to do is to set the right distances from the default viewpoint in the Aircraft.cfg: do you want to pan down? Move to the right or backwards? Or slide up or down? Well, you do this by editing the entries InitialXyz and InitialPbh in the Aircraft.cfg. But how do you know which numbers you need?By FAR the easiest method to do this is to get this information from a saved flight! (This great tip is from jcboliveira: if you want to you can read his tip here: http://www.fsdevelop...e_cameras_views but I'll summarize it for you right now.) Load the aircraft, go straight to the new view (which may be an existing one or a copy of another, as said above) and manipulate the view with the view commands until you have it exactly as you want it. Now save the flight. Open the saved flight (a flt file) in Notepad and look for the right view (camera) by searching for the right GUID (the names of the views are different so you really need to find the one with the right GUID!). Now you have to copy some numbers from te flt file to the Aircrft.cfg.- The numbers behind Translation (in the flt file) have to be copied behind InitialXyz (in the Aircraft file).- The numbers behind Rotation (in the flt file) have to be copied behind InitialPbh (in the Aircraft file). But beware: in this case the last two numbers have to be switched (because the flt file uses a different order than the aircraft.cfg!)Example: Translation=0, 5, 0.3becomesInitialXyz=0, 5, 0.3Rotation=15, 20, 0becomesInitialPbh=15, 0, 20BTW The numbers can also be 0, 0, 0 and are usually quit longer (5,27382778328881 ;))That's it!You can also set the zoom in these files (Zoom in the flt file becomes InitialZoom in the Aircraft.cfg) but I found out that zoom is overruled by savegames you make default. I personally have set the zoom ingame for all views (after making them) and then saved the flight, making it the default one.I made views this way and assigned hotkeys to them for the Baron with the G1000: pressing 1 (above the Q) gives me the VC (panned down just a little bit), 2 gives me the PFD (panned down further so the PFD fills the screen but still with an eye on the outside/runway), 3 gives me a full screen MFD (panned down, turned to the right and zoomed in a lot) and 4 gives me a passenger's seat view at the back (very nice!). It works like a charm!I hope this information helps. If not, just shout. ;) With regards,

Jeroen

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived