Brosemann Baron BE-55

KCD

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on, or can anyone send me a copy if the Klaus Brosemann Baron BE-55 AI plane made several years ago. Until recently, it was in the library, but now it appears to have gone missing. If someone has it and can send me a zipped up copy, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

KCD

FALSE ALARM... found it in my files way back there!!! Thanks anyway.

Klee,

A question... does this Baron offer something the Default does not? Just curious; never seen this one before.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Aaaah, it's an AI Model... thanks for the clarification, Paul!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

What it is, Alan, is a model B-55 rather than a B-58. It is an earlier Baron than the default that the sim provides (you can see the difference in the windows and fuselage length). I like it better than the 58 and converted it to a flyable model for FS9. I was curious as to whether I could do the same for FSX as it would not port over. It is a plane that I have some actual time in and enjoyed flying.

The finished FS2004 B55 conversion...

B55-1.jpg

The cockpit...

B55-2.JPG

Most AI do not fly particularly well when converted, but this one showed promise. It did require some tweaking of the CFG and AIR files, but other than that, it's a great little plane in FS9 (and sure beats the price that Carenado wants for theirs). No, the doors don't open, and the rudder and elevators don't work, but when you adjust the controls, the plane responds properly. I for one don't care what the model is doing as long as it flies right!

Hi Steve...

My time in the BE-55 was all right seat, nnever landed or took off, but yes, I flew it. Minimum hour, never logged, but enough to know I liked the feel and what a nice plane it was to fly; it was a real tank (in a nice way). I don't know if I can answer your question, but I'll try.

Ok KC, here goes. I have developed a bit of an interest in Australia's Royal Flying Doctor Service: https://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/ I have painted quite a few twins and large singles in that scheme, and have built a couple of small bases for them.

One of the things that RFDS provides can succintly be described as an "air ambulance" service, picking up patients from remote homesteads, almost always on a dirt strip. So my question to you is ... Would a BE-55 be up to the job?

Specifically. Could it take a pilot (left seat), doctor (right seat), nurse (next row), patient on stretcher, plus say 50kg of equipment? Would that all fit? Wot about the weight? All on a short dirt strip.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

I think it probably could, but it would be close. It's big wnough, standard confg is six adults. Proper planning at the beginning of the flight would have an impact, don't take what you know you don't need!

KCD

Steve I just added the B-58 sound and panel and it flys ok

Also I noticed tat after I pick the gear and the plane flies off, I can see the gear down at a distance. But if I make a 180 and fly overhead the gear is up.

See if you notice that if you get it going.

DR

Archived