FSX disappeared from Nvidia Inspector (profiles)

Trancer365

Hello flight simmers

I don't know why but there always seems to be a new problem arising with this game (FSX). I don't know what's causing this but now I don't see fsx (I think it used to be listed as Microsoft Flight Sim. x) in the ividia inspector profiles. It's been a while since I even opened NI but last time I opened it fsx was there.

Any idea what might have happened? Would changing fsx (graphics) settings from within nvidia panel control work? I know in the past that didn't work well and nvidia inspector is the best way to change the settings.

I have another problem which also started suddenly. I play fsx from within REX OD and for the past few days most of the times I start the game the weather doesn't change (doesn't work) at all. It's basically like I'm playing fsx without REX. I don't know why but always something goes wrong with this game.

Thanks.

I think (rarely) that that happened somehow a update or two ago. You CAN, however, make a Custom set-up. If you don't recall what the settings were, you can look HERE for a good place to start from. Actually, I use almost of all the settings on that forum, and it works great for me.

SO: Make your own, custom settings page, give it the name MS Flight Simulator X, and I think (it's been a long time since I set mine up, and I've slept since then...) set it to associate with FSX, and you're golden.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks edwardk and phantomtweak for the replies. I think the nvidia inspector issue's solved. Maybe it had something to do with the updating of my video card driver a few days ago. Never happened before this time.

Now, I still don't know why REX doesn't work every time I start it.

Hello flight simmers

I don't know why but there always seems to be a new problem arising with this game (FSX). I don't know what's causing this but now I don't see fsx (I think it used to be listed as Microsoft Flight Sim. x) in the ividia inspector profiles. It's been a while since I even opened NI but last time I opened it fsx was there.

Any idea what might have happened? Would changing fsx (graphics) settings from within nvidia panel control work? I know in the past that didn't work well and nvidia inspector is the best way to change the settings.

I have another problem which also started suddenly. I play fsx from within REX OD and for the past few days most of the times I start the game the weather doesn't change (doesn't work) at all. It's basically like I'm playing fsx without REX. I don't know why but always something goes wrong with this game.

Thanks.

In the new version of Nvidia inspector, there is no more FSX, is named Flight Simulator 10 or something. Just use that profile and you're OK.

Inviato dal mio Sirius_QS utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, seph and svpst for the clarification. I know when I updated Nvidia inspector I couldn't find it there but when I rolled back to the previous version I couldn't find it there either...well, now I have it in there somehow.

So, is this flight sim 10 a new sim?

No, it's not a new sim, is just a new profile in the inspector. Just use Microsoft Flight Simulator 10. Don't use the other one, even if appears, I've try myself but doesn't work for me, it seems that doesn't apply the settings. By the way I use dx10 with Steve fsx fixer so the profile could be a little different if you use dx9 in fsx.

Inviato dal mio Sirius_QS utilizzando Tapatalk

Archived