Implementation of runway in A380 FMC

aerosim31

Hi,

Currently in a A380 @ Changi, Singapore, planning flight to Kingsford Smith (YSSY), Sydney, Australia. On the FMC, I've put in the way points, Do I need to put in the runway? At the moment i've got

TESAT

then

YSSY

Does a runway need to be put in this also? If so how do i go about that? The last flight i did the landing, it brought me in between the two runways after the last waypoint? I used PFPX for the planning.

Thanks

Hey,

first of all it would be quite helpful, if you mention what A380 addon you are using so someone familiar with the addon can give you support.

I'm not an expert myself so please allow for errors, but in general you have to put a SID (=Standard Instrumental Departure) an approach and a STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival Route) into the FMC. These are special procedure for every runway of an airport consisting of several waypoints and altitues so you get the FMC to direct you exactly, where you want to go, even allowing for auto-land procedures.

Where you get these from can be a bit tricky. You can have a look at navigraph.com, but thats payware so might be an idea to look for alternatives, for example if you got something along with your A380 addon. There are also some freeware downloads but usually just for a specific addon.

I hope that helped!

Archived