How to install traffic toolbox

n612ua

Hello, first off I have googled this and tried following this link http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29 as well as this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5l8hVsRYZQ

And I am having no luck.

I have FSX and win 7, FSX is installed on my L drive. I installed the SDK's in this order

1. Setup.exe disc 1

2. SP2 from http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

3. SDK from Acceleration disk

4. fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe from SP1a from Acceleration SDK file on disk

After that I went to control panel, uninstall program, clicked Acceleration SDK and repair. A pop up said something about doing that.

Then I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK Which is the default install. I also tried installing it into the L:fsx folder(my default installation folder).

I went to Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK opened the dll.xml and changed the path to where my FSX is installed. I also left it default first which is ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

I do not have a dll under C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Any help would be great.

Thanks mike

I went to Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK opened the dll.xml and changed the path to where my FSX is installed. I also left it default first which is ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

I do not have a dll under C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Almost right. You changed the wrong dll.xml.

The dll.xml to change is in c:\users\mike\etc...

And the path needs to be changed to where the SDK (with traffictoolbox) is installed, not to FSX.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

If the ddl.xml your talking about is in the C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX there is not one there.

I have a controls, simobjects, substitutions folders. The the files I have in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX cameras.cfg, fsx.cfg, grantedrewards.BIN, grantedrewardsold.BIN, LWcfg.SBP, and wxstation.BIN.

No DDL.xml in the file at all. Even checked the folders in the main file.

If the ddl.xml your talking about is in the C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX there is not one there.

I have a controls, simobjects, substitutions folders. The the files I have in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX cameras.cfg, fsx.cfg, grantedrewards.BIN, grantedrewardsold.BIN, LWcfg.SBP, and wxstation.BIN.

No DDL.xml in the file at all. Even checked the folders in the main file.

That DLL.XML is the file that tells FSX which dll's to load. The paths inside the DLL.XML have to correspond to the actual location of the DLL that you want to load (naturally, how else should FSX know where to find it). FSX will only read the DLL.XML in the AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder, nowhere else. This file does not have to exist - you only need it, if you want DLLs to be loaded (like the traffictoolbox, fsuipc, etc.).

Copy the DLL.XML that you changed earlier (the one in the SDK-folder Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK) into the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX directory. Then change the path in that DLL.XML to where the traffictoolbox.dll really is (= Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK). Make sure that the tag is set to "False".

Under normal circumstances, installing the SDK should have generated a DLL.XML in AppData for you, so something seems to be not quite right. But it might work anyway, the mechanism is very reliable.

The SDK version must be the same as the FSX version you are using. You didn't say which fsx version you use, but, if you are using fsx accel you should have:

installed fsx deluxe

installed fsx accel,

(no SP's)

and the the basic SDK (called SDK-RTM)

and SDK-Accel

(again, no service packs)

----------

----------

I just remebered, there is one more way to get fsx accel.

installed fsx deluxe

installed sp1

installed fsx accel,

(no SP-2)

and the the basic SDK (called SDK-RTM)

installed sp1

and SDK-Accel

(again, no service pack 2)

Anyway, the SDK versions installed must match exactly the way you installed fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks so much got it working. I moved the dll.xml from environment kit\traffic toolbox sdk to the appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx and changed that path.

I guess since it did not install the dll.xml into the appdata is what was confusing me.

Thanks again

Archived