FS2004 on Windows10

N_W01

As long as you install FS2004 into C:\ FS9 (or something), install the no-cd patch, run the exe as admin, (& I turn my UAC setting right down), you will have no issues whatsoever, & it will run slightly faster within Windows 10 as well.

These are my findings, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Having the latest OS, with updated patches to prevent malware, such as the 'crybaby' (?) virus, & which is optimised for newer hardware, is obviously better than an obsolete OS.

I have installed 3x versions of FS2004 & P3Dv1.4 this way, without any issues whatsoever,

Kind Regards,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Winblows 10 has got to be the most ASININE OS I ever seen as indicative here with everyone's issues. No way I'm installing that crap.

BJ, the Program Files folder is protected the EXACT SAME WAY in Winblows 7, VISTA, and Winblows 8. Your lack of knowledge is really shining through here.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

So why is there so many issues here?

And BJ?

2 words: User misunderstanding. Along with the very fact that thousands of FSX users also use WINDOWS 10 successfully everyday. You don't so those people posting with issues, do you?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Right before the free Windows 10 update expired, I upgraded all 3 of my pc's to Windows 10. This is including one Dell laptop that I had installed FS9 on to just because I could. After upgrading FS9 did not work on both of my main flight computers. So, In my computer geek mode I decided to once again install FS9 on my Win 10 Dell laptop. Again nothing happened. So I decided to go to the my documents/Flight Simulator folder to start the sim from there. Boom, worked like a charm (after putting the sim in my usual windows mode). It even corrected the usual icon we all use to start the sim. (Well most likely I deleted that icon and made a new fs9.exe shortcut) So I went back to my other 2 main desktops and started a FS9 flight from my documents/Flight Simulator folder and I've been flying FS9 on those pc's since. Of course this is with the no CD file which I've been using since it came out. My FS9 cd's have only seen daylight once or twice since 2004. Anyway, that's how I got around the Win 10 issue. Hope this helps.

Archived