active sky wind aloft

Tigani

hello

my active sky 6 gives me wrong wind aloft at the top

today i was on a flight at FL360 the wind was 240/105kts

i checked the real wind data on ADDS , i found that at FL360 the wind is between 45-55kts !

anyway to correct this ?

Go through your AS options. There are some that pertain to how winds aloft are generated.

Are you talking about the report generated by processing your flight plan in AS not matching the ADDS report?

Are you using an archived weather fetch in AS set to the GMT (Zulu) time of your flight and that your flight is not on system time but one that matches your data fetch from the AS servers. They must be synced especially to allow for time zone differences.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go through your AS options. There are some that pertain to how winds aloft are generated.

Are you talking about the report generated by processing your flight plan in AS not matching the ADDS report?

Are you using an archived weather fetch in AS set to the GMT (Zulu) time of your flight and that your flight is not on system time but one that matches your data fetch from the AS servers. They must be synced especially to allow for time zone differences.

I dont load the flight plan in AS6 , all what i do is running AS and then minimize it and let him do his job

Would it be possible to have a picture of the AS setup.

nebojsa

http://store1.up-00.com/2016-04/146046495175211.jpg

I thought a service pack and changes to the hi-fi servers took care of updating the sources.

In the AS options be sure disable winds aloft is not checked.

Running the flight plan through the AS processor makes AS more efficient and also generates a regular or extended report with winds aloft at your waypoints (including aloft temperatures used for advanced aircraft instrumentation and flight planners for course correction and fuel planning) . Look at those waypoint aloft reports and compare to the source (ADDS?) you are using. Be sure you have downloaded the same GMT data you are using with ADDS.

Here is a sample winds aloft forecast from weatherunderground (free) that you can use to compare with your AS report for US locations:

https://www.wunderground.com/Aviation_Maps/Winds_Aloft/FL350-12.html#a_topad

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived