Removing "White Bar" in X-Plane 10

TomG628

Hi,

I'm just starting out with X-Plane and there is an annoying white bar that runs the length of the screen at the very top of the screen. In the bar to the far left it says "X-SYSTEM". To the far right is the X, MINIMIZE, and MAXIMIZE buttons. When I bring the mouse pointer close to the top the gray menu bar appears right below it. All pictures I've seen show the gray bar at the very top not a white one. I have Windows 10. It appears I am in full screen mode and there are no problems with other programs. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom

Thanks for the help, Ratrace. Turns out it was checking the full screen box in settings. Those many selections in the Settings menu are a little overwhelming to an FSX user.

Any ideas on I can zoom in real close with the = key but zooming out with the - key doesn't go out very far. Tom

I copy/pasted this from the XP10.40 desktop manual

In previous versions of X-Plane, zooming was used in place of the much more appropriate translation view modification effect (unlike translation, zooming changes the field of view significantly). Hence, in the 3-D cockpit mode, if you want to move your view closer to the instrument panel, you would press the ‘.’’ (period) key, not the ‘=’’ key. To move your view farther from the instrument panel, you would press ‘,’ (comma), not the ‘-’ key. Furthermore, you cannot zoom out past your camera’s actual location; you have to translate backward (using the ‘,’ key) to move farther away.

More in the manual, scroll down to "Using the Views"

http://www.x-plane.com/manuals/desktop/

Archived