RPVI.ZIP scenery problem

scottmiller

I downloaded the scenery for Iliolo International Airport in the Philippines uploaded yesterday. After installing it in FS2004 I tried to load it (after deactivating an older version of RPVI I have) all I got was the FS default scenery for RPVI. I thought that one of the other 30 Philippine airport scenery files I have might be masking it (I had this happen with another Philippine scenery file) so I deactivated ALL of my Philippine scenery files save the new Iliolo scenery but still only got the default scenery. The author says he used "1PVl" for the ICAO code because he doesn't have the Pro key for ADE. Could this be the cause of the problem? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yes. What the author didn't note is that you must use the airport code 1PVI to "find" the airport .... as he couldn't get "rid of" the default one. It also means that no AI aircraft will visit the place unless you manually create some as obviously 1PVI doesn't "exist".

What is also not mentioned, although it seems to have no effect, is that this is a conversion of scenery initially created for the "X" sim ..... I can barely get it out ......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The author has since told me that the Iliolo airport was built at the town of Cabatuan 8(?) miles to the north of the original Iliolo airport's location. The question is, was the 116.30 nav beacon located next to the original Iliolo airport moved as well or was it left where it is. I told him that he needed to remove/mask the old Iliolo airport unless it is still in use (for GA aircraft perhaps). I did finally find it by using the 1PVl code he used for it as you suggest. The author did a nice job on the new Iliolo airport scenery itself. Not using the correct ICAO code does creates problems, though, as you suggest.

Archived