Are "Silverlight" and "NET/Framework" Registry Entries Safe to Delete?

TomG

Hi,

I am in the process of clearing my system of all FSX remnants and addons to make way for Steam. I deleted all of the many "Flight Simulator" entries in the registry with CCleaner and there are many Microsoft "Silverlight" and "NET/Framework" entries left. Are these safe to delete as well? Thanks, Tom

dotNet is Microsofts own Windows runtime environment, comparable to Java. Every program written in C# depends on it. Deleting registry entries associated with .Net will screw up your entire system.

As above, don't delete any of these. - Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

You can delete these entries via ccleaner. They are obsoletes registry keys left after updating Silverlight" and "NET/Framework.

Maybe. You can try CCleaner as it's a relatively safe process, but my point was/is don't delete anything manually (if that was the original intent of the question).

Doug.

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived