Sounds Volume

All and yes, in that order :D

Overall, the sliders control ALL the sounds. Each having a certain set type of sounds it controls, like the sounds you hear IN the cockpit, the ones in locked-spot view and so on. ALL of them at once.

NOW it gets fun. In each aircraft's SOUND folder, there is, presuming the sounds aren't aliased to another plane, a file called SOUND.CFG.

EACH individual sound used is controlled by this file. It can be opened with Notepad or something similar. In it, each individual sound will have a specific section, which will look something like this:

[right_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=cmtouch4, cmtouch5, cmtouch6

flags=0

viewpoint=1

minimum_volume=6500

maximum_volume=9300

Some entries may have more lines, some fewer, but that's just an example to show the lines we are interested in.

That particular section controls the sound emitted when the right wheel touches the runway during landing. It gives the filename(s) to be used, in this example it will utilize the files named cmtouch4, cmtouch5, cmtouch6 in the Sound folder.

What YOU are concerned with are the two lines Minimum_Volume= and Maximim_volume=

If you want that particular sound to be louder, you increase the number on both lines. Obviously, to decrease the sound, make them a little smaller.

In this example the Minimum_volume line is 6500, Max is 9300. If I want the sound to be louder, but JUST that sound, I would change them to, let us say 6700 and 9500, respectively, and see how it sounds TO ME when the bird touches down. If it's too loud now, I will decrease them somewhat, let us say 6600 and 9400.

Again, this is very subjective and system oriented. So, if you don't think the gear going down, for example, is loud enough, you can change it. FOR THAT PLANE, ON YOUR SYSTEM. Very subjective, and again, it will be on your system only.

Does all this help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Environment is the outside sounds, like wind, birdies chirping, the brreze in the treeze, water slapping on floats, and so on.

Cabin sounds are what YOU can hear on the inside. Wind over the fuselage, engines, gear going up/down, things like that.

Sorry I got overboard there. Ask me the time, I tell you how to build a clock... :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

I heard a loon once...

Heck, I hear loons all the time. Just listen to any politician sometime. They'e all loons!

Besides, I hate the avian version. They sound like they're laughing at us. Probably are, come to think of it. There are birds they call the coot in Yuma that sounds like that too. I hate any bird that laughs at me...

Although my little parrot laughs at the cats all the time. "Heeere kitty, kitty, kitty! He-he-he-he!"

Rotten little bird...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived