Some questions on Steam Version FSX

1.) No.

2.1) Some add-ons compatible both FSX and P3D and some add-ons that compatible with FSX are not for FSX-SE (Steam Edition).

2.2) But most of popular add-ons for FSX compatible with FSX-SE at present.

2.3)The add-ons that sell on Steam store are for FSX-SE only but a lot cheaper especially on sales.

2.4) If you are not sure that your desired add-ons are compatible with FSX-SE or not, you can go to the community of FSX-SE in Steam and check. Many users have listed the add-ons that they tested with FSX-SE.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

The real big difference 'twixt FSX and FSX-SE is that, it seems, Steam likes to bury FSX-SE deeper into it's directory structure, errrr, pardon, FOLDER structure, than MS does. MS might put it 1 or 2 folders deep, like say C:\Games\FSX, as opposed to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX. See?

A lot of autoinstallers, which I distrust immensely by the way, seem to have trouble finding FSX-SE, which seems to be the biggest trouble with what's compatible with whom. Having said all that, if an add-on comes with an autoinstaller, I point it at an empty Temp folder, then copy the "stuff" into SE myself. That way I know what's going where, and I can remove it more easily if something goes awry.

It has been my experience, at least with freeware, which is all I can afford, that what is compatible with FSX is compatible with SE. Generally. Overall. As a rule of thumb. NOT invariably, but often. Mostly. You get the idea.

After all, FSX-SE is, really, nothing more than a downloadable version of FSX Gold, with Acceleration. The basic program, and all it's folders, etc, are the same. The FSX.CFG file has been modified somewhat, with some of the tweaks that have been added over the years by the Sim community.

For whatever reason, it seems a bit more stable, at least to me. That's just MY own personal, untested officially in any way, opinion.

Also, as a general rule, what is for FSX MAY or may not work in P3D. That would require a bit more research, on an individual basis.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on this...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived