Unusual problem...

KCD

As most of you know, I use FS9, have for many years, and it's been basically flawless all this time. Although it still seems to fly OK, I did notice a problem yesterday. I can't say how long it has been present, but I can't seem to fix it either.

Some of the keyboard key-stroke commands no longer work (, , for example). I have searched the command structure of FS9 and can find no reference to in the command structure for example. I'm sure I've seen them there in past searches of this area of the sim. The only thing that is different about the installation today as opposed to when these commands still worked is that I have been experimenting with voice recognition within FS9. However, even with all traces of the recognition softwares removed, the missing commands are no longer available. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks...

Hello

I seem to remember having issues with Fs9 assignments(keystrokes ) in the past .

To resolve the problem ,there is in the assignments section of Fs9 an option to reset them to the default settings if for some reason they have been corrupted or changed in some way.

I am sorry if I have not been very clear on this.

If ? You want to try my proposed solution it might be an idea to wait until more tech savvy simmers chip in with there thoughts first, on the other hand it may be nothing to do with default assignments thingy at all, in which case you can ignore my post as utter bunkum and total rubbish :)

Cheers Andy

Hi,

If my memory serves me right (its been a long time since I used FS9 - now solely use FSX)keyboard commands are stored in the FS9.cfg file located under the [Keyboard_Main] and [Keyboard_Slew] sections.

An option would be to back up the current .cfg file (thus saviing any changes you have made to it) and let FS build a new one. Then you can simply copy the 'new' [Keyboard_Main] and [Keyboard_Slew] sections (which should reflect the default settings) into the backed up original, delete the new one and then rename the backup.

Regards

Brian

Thanks, guys...

After messing with this for an inordinate amount of time, I finally restored the default command structure, then slowly went through it and returned my original settings. All is OK again, except for the brakes. I missed them and pilled a building crash that rivals any and all of von Peerhoven's thousands of nose-in landings. That has since been fixed!

Taking longbreak's method a step further.

COPY the keyboard/joystick assignments in the cfg to a simple notepad file. All by itself. Store it. Now if the assignments go wayside, you only have to copy/paste your stored version to the cfg.

Additionally, if you configure a joystick differently for a specific aircraft, store those settings the same way for ease of transfer of assignments.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

Archived