Flight1 GTN650 on Lightweight Computer

shazam

I am running FSX on a dual-core Pentium D 3.00 w/ 4G of ram. I have the Carenado 182RG, and have modified the panel to mirror a real-life plane.When I did that, the 650 was not yet available, so I put in a Friendly Panels 530, which runs fine. Those are my only add-ons.

I would like to upgrade to the Flight1 650 that is now in the real a/c, but per the Flight1's specs, they want an i5/i7 and 8 meg of ram. Does real-world experience support the need for that much horsepower, or can I get by with what I have?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed! Thank you!!

Jim

Z170a, RM850, NH-D155, i7-6700K, GTX970, 32G GSkill DDR4, dual SSD850's, Ubuntu 16.4, Win7-64, XPX, XPXI Beta, P3Dv3.

Hello shazam,

I'm using Flight1 GTN 750 with my GA planes. My PC's specification is Core 2 Duo (E8400) 3.0 GHz with DDR2 4 GB. I don't know that my PC spec is a bit higher or lower than yours but I think it shoud be nearly the same. At first, I cannot use it. The GTN750 touch screen response very slow and it dead after using for 2-3 minutes. What I did is set the CPU Core in Flight1 GTN Config from "Auto" to "1" and start a new flight. It works great. The touch screen response faster and all functions of the GPS work very well.

Actually, you can try it. If you cannot use it, you can make the refund for the product. I recommend GTN 750. It has the bigger screen and it is more convenient to use.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Archived