Aircraft lights not lighting aircraft up.

jamesnixon197

For some reason the lights at the airport are not lighting up the aircraft or the ground markings.

This screenshot was taken at EGLL (Heathrow) with with UK2000 Heathrow xtreme however it occurs at Rome (LIRF) with Mega Airport Rome aswell.

https://gyazo.com/10...7e25d68d1a6bdc3

If you know why this is happening, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me and also how to fix it?

Thank you,

James Nixon

Unless the airport designer does something right, the lights are mere eyecandy, not real lights. The designer has to utilize, I believe, very specific methods or textures, or something to make airport lights actually light things up. Aircraft, vehicles, whatever. I am not certain of the exact details, and I hope someone is, and will let us know.

It's a lot like aircraft landing lights. If the aircraft designer doesn't build the proper sort of lights into the model of the aircraft, they won't light up the runway, aircraft and so on. They'll just be eye-candy.

Not super helpful, sorry, but the best I can offer...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived